Location: Yonge & Eglinton
The employer is searching for a Sourcing Specialist who will be responsible for working towards making the sourcing process more efficient through building relationships with suppliers, negotiating costs, manage product quality and risks. This role will be the connection between internal stake holders and suppliers that ultimately work together to help the company grow and be profitable.
This role requires an in-depth knowledge of the fitness or commodity industry, and the ins and outs on how to customize products to know how to effectively source it. You are keen on solving problems and increasing efficiency, so you must be highly analytical and detail-oriented. This individual will be juggling many tasks at once; therefore will need to be great at prioritizing competing priorities.
In order to successfully negotiate, you would also need to be an excellent persuasive communicator and have great interpersonal skills. You work well with others as a team but are not afraid of stepping up to lead to get results timely.
Fluency in Mandarin is required.
- Search major sourcing sites for initial multiple product/vendor research and competitor benchmarking to provide vendor choices and screening, collect product feature and pricing information for discussion; review collected information with Supervisor for screening to choose appropriate vendor for chosen products
- Communicate with existing vendors for new product sourcing requests and collect samples for evaluation; communicate with supplier on product design, logo, feature, material, quality discrepancy to ensure accurate execution
- Meet product sourcing request to customize product features, designs, branding and communicate with Supplier with clarity and accuracy
- Update information and keep record of product sourcing sheet, provide chosen information from vendor quotes and specs requirements; verify information with vendor, file detailed product and package specs, and supplier information
- Coordinate with third party inspection companies to handle pre-shipping product inspection as well as handling correction action and enforce warranty with suppliers prior to delivery; provide guidance and managing other third-party supplier site audit including but not limited to the following audits: Social Responsibility, Code of Conduct, General Manufacturing Practices, etc.
- Collaborate with Product Development, Retail Operations Team to prepare product inspection checklist for each inspection and collect and archive all evidence
- Locate replacement suppliers for products if needed for Merrithew plant
- Other duties as assigned
- Fluency in English and Mandarin required
- 5+ years’ of relevant sourcing or procurement experience, with a background in project
- management, procurement and market research
- Previous experience working on sourcing process execution including request for quotes,
- comparing quotes and other added values, stakeholder management and work plan development
- Product sourcing experience and supplier management experience is essential
- Experience with negotiations, market research, business development or supply chain operations is highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written; ability to keep clear, organized records
- Attention to detail, multi-tasking with multiple projects, products, vendors and quotes, and the ability to use judgment with vendor creditability and quality in a time-sensitive environment is required
- Sound project management experience and has the ability to manage the sourcing process from start to finish, with minimal supervision
- Proactively manage the sourcing process by providing constant updates and options to internal stakeholders, ensure deadlines are met without sacrificing quality and service
- Build and maintain good working relationship with suppliers and manage internal expectations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, esp. excel required
Posting Expiry Date: March 25, 2019 or when position is filled