Location: Markham & Missisagua
The employer is a social enterprise which applies their knowledge, vision and drive to forever impact how people live and age at home, today and into the future. As a not-for-profit organization with Canadian roots and 110 years of expertise, they bring quality excellence and innovation to home care, seniors’ lifestyle and family caregiving.
Through their team of 9,000 Leaders of Impact, they deliver 20,000 care exchanges daily, totaling 50 million in the last decade alone. In 2019 they were recognized by Forbes as one of Canada's Best Employers.
Working from their Service Delivery Centre, this position will be responsible for the efficient and effective coordination of client care.
- Provide schedule planning support to health care team..
- Appropriately schedule staff to ensure continuity of care in the provision of service delivery.
- Update and maintain an electronic client database.
- File and maintain client records.
- Perform data entry of all relevant client, employee and billing information.
- Respond to all caller inquiries with efficiency and appropriate urgency.
- Provide support to billing activities..
- Generate and distribute various scheduling and billing reports.
- Investigate and follow up in errors/discrepancies in services ordered or provided.
- Other office administrative duties as assigned.
- Working hours are weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Computer skills in MS Word and Excel are preferred.
- Related work experience and a familiarity with scheduling and community health care services are preferred.
- Courses in medical administration or health care training are preferred.
- Intermediate data entry/keyboarding skills.
- Experience using a PC database.
- Intermediate reading comprehension and excellent verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills and problem solving.
- Adaptability and the ability to deal with tight deadlines.
- An ability to work independently.
- An ability to prioritize, multi-task, and deal with competing priorities.
- Good personal organizational skills.
Posting Expiry Date: April 29, 2019 or when position is filled