Personal Support Worker
Job Type: Full-time & Part-time Positions Available
- Shifts are eight (8) and twelve (12) hours in length, depending on facility placement needs
- Must be able to be scheduled for assignments that are considered “urgent/last minute/early morning” (e.g. called for assignments within 2 hours or from start of shift)
- Flexible to work all shifts (days, evenings, and nights), including weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays
- Required to work two (2) weekends per month (A "weekend" is defined as shifts covering the period from 3 pm on Friday to 07:30 am on Monday)
For over 35 years, the employer has proudly attracted and retained staff to their professionally skilled and supportive team. They specialize in acute healthcare and have expanded their reach through acquisitions, partnerships, and additional service offerings - becoming a predominant staffing agency in Ontario and Nova Scotia.
Their reputation of quality is enhanced by the dedication of our people and the relationships we build. They are committed to connecting employees with flexible and rewarding work to meet their personal and professional goals.
- Personal Support Worker (PSW) certificate from an Ontario Community College Program OR a private career college in Ontario that is registered with and approved by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities with successful completion of the final examination administered by the National Association of Career Colleges (NACC) OR an approved Ontario Board of Education PSW Program
- Must have clinical experience as a PSW within the past two (2) years. Recent acute care hospital experience working on a medical and surgical unit within the past two (2) years is preferred.
- Proof of current immunization for measles, mumps, rubella and varicella (MMRV)
- Proof of negative TB skin test within the past one (1) year or negative chest x-ray within the past five (5) years
- Current BCLS-HCP (HealthCare Provider)
- Current N95 Mask Fit Test Certificate
- Willing to undergo Vulnerable Sector Police Check as a condition of hire
- Group Employee Benefits Program
- A work environment where your scheduled shift is located in one facility
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
Posting Expiry Date: March 21, 2019 or when position is filled