Light Duty Cleaner
Job-Type: Full-time & Part-time available
The Cleaner will work under the supervision of the Custodial Manager or Supervisor and perform a variety of custodial duties for the employer. Such duties shall be in accordance with established standards, instructions, and procedures of the employer.
- Sweep, mop, and wash floors, stairs and other surfaces (inside buildings).
- Use light and heavy (commercial type) floor (buffers) and shampoo machines including attachments.
- Vacuum rugs in offices and public areas. Spot clean daily and shampoo when directed rugs in assigned buildings.
- Clean and dust furniture, exhibit cases, pictures, chairs, door trim, light fixtures, and all other horizontal surfaces including periodic high dusting.
- Wash windowsills; glass in interior doors, partition, and specified windows.
- Wash glass and trim at entrance doors, interior/exterior- Wash/spot clean interior walls as appropriate daily.
- Clean bathrooms and restock paper supplies daily. Standard bathroom procedures are to damp wipe glass surfaces, empty waste baskets, service soap and toilet paper dispensers, dust sills, clean tile walls, shelves, stall partitions, sweep/mop/scrub floors, etc.
- Monitors possible defects such as clogged urinals and lights out, and reports to supervisors.
- Collect building trash daily placing it in approved container and place in designated collection area for subsequent removal.
- Replace liners in waste baskets and trash containers per specs.
- Sweep or shovel snow from steps and walkways at building entrances and connecting walkways/sidewalks as directed.
- Performs periodic work: High dusting, leather and wood surface (non-floor) polishing, wall washing, venetian blind cleaning, as assigned by the Supervisor Assembles all necessary equipment Removes/replaces designated carpet tiles.
- Other duties as needed.
- Basic cleaning responsibilities require no previous experience
- Must be able to take direction, to work with minimal supervision, and to function cooperatively as part of a team
- Ability to use cleaning tools and equipment.
- Requires attention to detail, a pride in delivering excellent service, organization, and high levels of energy and endurance.
Posting Expiry Date: March 25, 2019 or when position is filled