Automotive Wheel Refinishing Technician/Painter or Prepper
Location: Toronto, ON
Hours: Monday – Friday 9 AM – 6 PM; Overtime may be required
Rate: $25/hour + biweekly bonus (Approximately $30-35/hour)
The employer is committed to excellence in automotive wheel repairs, customer service and employee relations. They operate out of their mobile facilities and services dealerships, collision centers, tire stores, auto auctions and other businesses in the automotive industry. Their services include the repairing of damaged wheels, wheel straightening and custom painted wheels.
The employer is seeking an Automotive Wheel Refinishing Technician / Painter or Prepper. The ideal candidate analyses, assesses and evaluates the exterior condition of automotive wheels, and selects the appropriate method of repair to ensure a seamless paint finish. The candidate is detailed oriented and can multitask to accommodate shifting priorities. Tools will be provided to the successful candidate
- Ability to review repair orders and perform the job efficiently and effectively.
- Identifying and removing layers of sub-coating by using abrasives, solvents or chemicals.
- Preparing surfaces using power and manual sanding equipment, and applying masking and sanding techniques.
- Completing minor damage repair prior to masking, applying priming and top coating using spray guns.
- Applying refinishing products in the correct sequence for proper adhesion and durability.
- Strives to meet the target delivery time allotted to get the job done.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal oversight.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Previous experience with sales, phone skills considered an asset.
- All tools will be provided – NO TOOLS NEEDED TO APPLY.
- Competitive wage with great growth.
- Semi-Annual Performance Review with wage consideration.
- Paid training.
Posting Expiry Date: April 19, 2019 or when position is filled